BEFORE entering Austria an electronic registration is mandatory*!
The following data must be provided: name, date of birth, e-mail address, residential or residence address, date of entry, possible date of departure, as well as the countries of residence for the last ten days.
-> Click here for Online Registration/Pre-Travel-Clearance
WHEN entering Austria from abroad** you are obliged to carry an antigen test with you, which must not be older than 48 hours. The test result has to be in German or English. A medical certificate is required for test results in other languages.
AFTER entering Austria from abroad** you are obliged to quarantine for 10 days!
At the earliest on the 5th day after the entry - the entry day counts as day 0 - a "voluntarily additional testing" with a molecular biological or an antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 can take place. If the result is negative, the quarantine can be ended early.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org!
your VIB team
* Exceptions from this regulation and registration:
People whose entry falls under one of the following exceptions do not have to register, nor do they have to go into quarantine:
- Entries for unforeseeable, non-postponable and serious reasons within the family, especially serious cases of illness, deaths, funerals, births, or care of persons in need of support at emergencies.
- Entries for compelling reasons of animal care or for measures necessary for agriculture and forestry.
- Professional transfer journeys/transfer flights.
- Transit through Austria without a stopover.
- Regular commuter traffic for professional purposes (except for personal caregivers).
- Regular commuter traffic to attend school or university.
- Regular commuter traffic for family purposes, or to visit a life partner.
- Occupants of emergency vehicles or public service vehicles.
- Persons crossing foreign territory coming from Austria without a stopover to reach their destination in Austria.
- The entry into the municipalities of Vomp-Hinterriss, Mittelberg and Jungholz.
** Exceptions: Australia • Finland • Greece • Iceland • New Zealand • Norway • Singapore • South Korea • Vatican
Please note that the Republic of Austria is massively controlling its borders!
If a person violates the entry requirements and does not enter quarantine, there is a fine of up to € 1.450,-!
Anyone who has been tested positively and breaks the quarantine will commit a criminal offence and will have to expect significantly stricter penalties!